VAF seeks volunteers to help with the 40th International Conference in Philadelphia, May 28-June 1, 2019. You do not need to be registered for the conference to serve as a volunteer, and there is no minimum time commitment required. Those who complete four (4) hours as a volunteer are eligible to attend alternate Friday Walking Tours and Saturday Paper Sessions without charge.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Listen to the Paper Sessions for FREE
- If you volunteer for four hours on Friday, you may attend the morning or afternoon Friday tour opposite of the one you’re assigned to for FREE.
- If you volunteer for 6 or more hours on Thursday, you may attend all Friday tours for FREE.
- Networking opportunities
- Be part of the premier conference on the vernacular built environment
- Assisting with a tour (you can choose a specific tour)
- Monitoring a paper session (you can choose a specific session)
- Assisting with receptions Wednesday and Thursday afternoons
- Assisting with Book Exhibit set-up
If You Choose Full Registration in order to attend other VAF Events (Banquet, Bus Tour, etc.), you will receive a $50 reimbursement for Saturday's Paper Sessions and the Friday Tour. Please click this link to choose your volunteer position.
When you register and create your invoice, email email@example.com and the invoice will be adjusted. You will be emailed an updated invoice to proceed with payment.
If you do not register, you will receive a badge that allows you to attend the Saturday Paper Sessions and Friday tours.
If you are already planning to attend the conference, it’s a great way to be a more integral part of VAF. We will send you training materials prior to the conference to help you prepare for your volunteer duties.
The online signup is quick and easy, and will remain open until May 10. (I'll create something to track these people)
Thank you in advance for your consideration. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org