The tour to Guadalupe and Gonzales counties will visit the Polley house, known as Whitehall which has a two-story central passage built of local rock and a log kitchen/quarter. Joseph H. Polley was a native of upstate New York and his wife Mary Bailey Polley was from Tennessee. They were early Anglo immigrants to Texas; by 1860 they owned $70,000 in real estate and some $65,000 in personal property, including 19 enslaved workers who lived in five houses. The doors, windows, and some furniture were shipped by Polley’s brother from New York. Both the house and the quarter were documented by HABS in 1936.